Saturday, July 23, 2011

#3 Complete!

Today I finished excavation number 3! I started working on number four - a small ball excavation with no orientation (so no need to map) and should be done by the end of monday. But tonight is Saturday night, which means fancy dinner! Emily and I are going to wear the new dresses we bought this week, Ill try to take some good photos and post them tomorrow.

Thursday night we had a field school "pub quiz" night where we broke into our four rooms headed by our TA's and tackled a general knowledge quiz. I generally did pretty well, but our room didn't win the competition, which stinks, because the prize is a two hour rental of a sweet paddle boat they have in the bay here with a slide WELDED ONTO IT. Coolest thing EVER.

Yesterday was pastry day! I got a piece of the mysterious "Chocolate Pie" and Em got more baklava. Gen bought some cookies. Mine was the worst, and it was still pretty good. Nothing seems to top the baklava though!

I did my best swim EVER today. I swam across the bay and back without stopping once, front crawl the entire way. I am so happy - I can feel myself getting stronger every day, which is a bonus since I just applied for this awesome TV show. Ill keep you posted if I get a call back (I'm really hoping I do!)

So all in all a pretty solid week. No complaints, as per usual. :-)

mmmm. chocolate pie.
Bakery box




No comments:

Post a Comment