Sunday, July 24, 2011

Best Day Ever!

So last night and today have been amazing. Last night we went all went out for fancy dinner since it was Saturday, and Emily and I wore our new dresses that we bought in town earlier this week. After dinner we headed back to the yacht club to watch the sun go down and have a few drinks.
New dresses!
Chora lighting up
The Castle in Chora
After the yacht club we went up to the main town square where there was some amazing traditional dancing and music going on, and the crowd was HUGE. It was like the entire island turned out for the event. All the tourists got roped into dancing too. It was such a neat experience. After that, Gen and I went and sat on the beach until 2am talking. She is such a wonderful person, and I am so glad I have gotten to know her better this trip.




This morning I was woken up by Em and Gen, who made an even better "EPIC MEALTIME" breakfast edition. Gen made a giant corned beef hash with eggs and bacon and toast and coffee and invited a bunch of people over, so we had a great breakfast with a lot of wonderful people with some excellent tunes playing out of my computer.




After delicious breakfast, we went to the beach for a swim and float which was lovely. Its nice and hot here today, so the water is extra nice! Later we are all going back into town for dinner and to sit in the port. All in all, a lovely day!


Me working hard

1 comment:

  1. The water looks gorgeous!!! So great. I also love the dresses. Joel and I went to Wasaga on Saturday with some of my friends and both got wicked sunburns, so apparently you are more sun-smart than we. The lesson of the day was that SPF 30 just doesn't cut it for either of us, no matter how many times we reapply.

    Love your epic mealtimes. There's nothing I love more than a good breakfast.

    Also, on the topic of your other post, congrats on being an excvataion machine! I'm impressed, you rock.

    I messaged Lauren about courses a few days ago, let me know if either of you have more questions that I can help with!

    ReplyDelete