Monday, July 18, 2011

Jellyfish!

I had an amazing day off yesterday! My room mates and I walked into Chora for dinner, then went shopping and stopped for gelato on the way home. We watched the movie "The Emperor's New Groove," while Emily let some Olive oil soak into her hair (my recommendation since her hair has been suffering with swimming nearly every day). End result: awesome day, and Em once again has awesome hair.

This morning Gen and I got up early to walk up the Chora before 6:00AM with Em and another field school student to do some yoga as the sun rose over the ocean. It was beautiful, but man am I sore!

Today I worked on my own burial ... I have one poorly preserved baby in a soil ball so I spent the day exposing the bones and prepping them for removal. Tomorrow I have to map my soil ball and then remove the bones, and hopefully will also screen all the soil so that I can clean, photograph, and put the remains into their storage box all organized and clean on Wednesday.

In other news, Em and I swam front crawl across to the wall and back without any breaks today! It was really exciting until I felt a sting. Now I have a giant rash across my bum and lower back... turns out I swam through a herd of jellyfish. So not cool.

This really is the year of weird injuries I guess...

1 comment: