Monday, July 4, 2011

Made It!

Just a quick post to let you all know that I made it out to Asty in one piece.

Everyone is incredibly friendly, half the town has already introduced themselves and welcomed us with open arms. Similarly, everyone associated with the field school is very down to earth which is nice. There is an amazing internet cafe about 2 minutes from our accommodations with a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean and beach, with the city of Chora spiraling up to the top of the hills that flank each side of this little bay. These folks are open until midnight every night so I will be able to post very frequently! Even better, they make fabulous "frappe" coffees (frozen frothy coffee made from instant coffee and sugar and milk) so I will have no problem sitting here doing emails in the evening.

I am planning on posting photographs tomorrow and giving more details about my entire trip thus far - sorry for the short post but I am just too tired to keep going!

Days Remaining: 49
Mileage Remaining: Ill do the math and figure it out tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment